Wednesday, September 04, 2013

A Wizard Named William

Yes, I've got the bug! Now instead of transcribing my already written works, I should get a move on with making more!!

This next piece is the PROLOGUE to a novel I hope to finish some day. I have pages and pages of notes with how this story can turn out. I haven't figured out exactly some specifics, and so only my prologue exists. (Well, I have like 2 pages of the story written, but definitely not enough!)

This short prologue gives me chills every time. If I have to expand it in the future, I will try. But for now, I think it's perfect. It gives just enough detail to set up the story.

Long ago, a wizard named William was forced to flee and go into hiding. He moved into a small wood and there he built a meager shack to live in and work. Sensing his enemies were upon him, the old wizard performed difficult magic around the perimeter of the wood. He had hoped that his enchantments would stay those that sought him.

When they came, and in mighty numbers, to capture wizard William, they were not prepared for what would meet them. The woods were alive. Not in the horticultural sense, but really alive. All of the earth and animals were full of magic, ready to protect their creator. The branches of the trees swung and stretched fighting William's abductors. Though the battle commenced and evoked much destruction, William the wizard was taken, never to step foot in his magical wood again.


Some time later, a family moved into the long forgotten wood and cut down the trees to build a house. The family lived in their new home for only a short while before strange things started happening. One day, terror-stricken for fear of ghosts and poltergeists of the supernatural, the family fled. The wood was left in peace for another fifty years, up until the point where our story begins.

No comments: