Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Escape Route

Okay, so strayed a little from the original intent of this blog. From now on, the blogs WILL be the mutterings from me, an aspiring artist. In fact, I just wrote this next piece in the last 15 minutes. Let me know what you think.

My Escape Route

I've been waiting for an escape route
'cause everywhere I turn
feels like it's going somewhere
but then I get burned.
And this lonely maze
that I'm running in
is tiring.
Why can't I win?

I didn't choose this,
and it's terrifying!
Why would I choose this
if the choice were mine?

I'm struggling to find happiness
with the trials you've given me.
Yes I'll do my best.
But tell me, where'd you go?
Why'd you leave me?
I'm here all alone.
This is where I need you. Believe me,
I need you. God please help me!

I'm so lonely. I've nowhere,
nowhere to turn.
I'm locked up inside myself
and I am ready to learn.
And this thing I feel
that is killing me,
it's haunting.
Why can't I give in?

I didn't choose this.
Why, it's so terrifying!
Why would I choose this
if the choice were mine?

I'm struggling to find happiness
with the trials you've given me.
Yes I'll do my best.
But tell me, where'd you go?
Why'd you leave me?
I'm here all alone.
This is where I need you. Believe me,
I need you. God please help me!

Oh, what a mess I've made.
I've lost myself.
For I thought you'd left me,
but it was me that just never came.
I'm so sorry for yelling at you.
I'm so sorry that I ever went through.
This trial has been eating me, beating me.
Of course, now I see.

It's you that I've been looking for.
You're my escape route.
The fire was burning. I knew I'd have to get out.
Over and over again,
those old flames they'd lick at me and trap me in.

I've been waiting for an escape route
'cause everywhere I turn
feels like it's going somewhere
but then I get burned.
And this lonely maze
that I'm running in
is tiring.
Why can't I win?

I didn't choose this.
and it's so terrifying!
Why would I choose this
if the choice were mine?

I'm struggling to find happiness
with the trials you've given me.
Yes I'll do my best.
But tell me, why didn't I come?
Why'd I leave you there all alone?
This is where I need you. Believe me,
I need you. God please help me!

I'm so lonely, but you're still where
where I will turn.
I'll unlock the pride in myself
for the lessons I may learn.
Cause this thing I feel that is killing me,
it's haunting.
Why did I have to give in?

No comments: